Sunday, February 21, 2010

Japan or the beach?





Carl had to take a work trip to Japan for 6 days. I'd love to visit since I've never been and I think that it's a fascinating culture. The issue is that it is FREEZING there, the flights are $1300 each (and no reduction for the peanut) and flight schedules are nasty. So Australia wins the challenge and I decide to hire a car and head up the Aussie coast for some beach and pool action while Carl works in Japan. Will have to do Japan another time.
I rented a car and easily got back into the hang of driving on the left (the proper side of the road to drive!) Olivia and I spent the time at three different locations a few hours north of Sydney. We had a lot of time on the beach and in the pool. I definitely have a real little mermaid on my hands. And with a pool the beach, unrestricted mummy-time and one ice-cream a day, who can't have a good time?

No comments: