


I'd heard about a light/music/water show in Yangshou. It was choreographed by the guy who did the opening ceremony to the Olympics. It was right on the river in the village where we were staying so I thought we should pay it a visit. We weren't disappointed.
There were hundreds of people in this show, apparently they ship in 600 locals for the show every night, and there are two shows per night on a weekend.
We hadn't a clue what the story was about but it took place on the river (the audience was sat in an amphitheatre overlooking the water). Olivia wasn't much help in translating but it didn't matter. You could see similarities to the Olympics, there was fire, music, platforms coming out of the water and moving around, rafts, cormorants, water buffalo, dancing and a cast well into the hundreds if not 1000. I can't do it justice through writing but i've never been to a better natural setting for a show. At one point they lit up the karst scenery on the surrounding mountains. You could hear the collective gasp of the audience. What an experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment