Sunday, October 26, 2008

Olivia is at Eton






Olivia attends Eton. It's not the official English Eton College but a Beijing namesake. As far as I can work out there is no affiliation either although Beijing does have an official Dulwich College and a few other outposts of veritable English schools. Anyway I did learn that the school is posting news and photos to a blog. I checked it out and discovered
(a) Olivia seems to appear in far more photos than any of her classmates. I think that the photographer must be chinese because they definitely like the blonde hair.
(b) Their school fish died and they are looking for a replacement. The kids seem unperturbed; I didn't find out what they told the kids about what happened. Apparently the kids told the teacher that 'Whitey' was sleeping at the bottom of the bowl. He was sad and missed his mummy.
(c) They are teaching the kids about caring so i have to send it a small pot plant to school with Olivia's name on it and she will learn how to look after it. I hope that she has more luck than I do, I certainly don't have green fingers. I am wondering if I can send in the giant bamboo we have in our apartment, it is looking sickly and maybe she can make it better : )

No comments: